Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's interesting how things come to me so easily in the shower. Yet here, on my composition perch, I draw a blank.

This week I've informally made it a special week for my wife. We've been so busy as of late and we never get any good time together. Kate goes this way, I go that. All good and worthy events, just not always the best for Kate to get her Bri time.

I'm making time to to do some special things for Kate this week. Use your dirty mind as you will. The list to follow will disappoint...

I canceled one of my music rehearsals and stayed home to spend time with my girl. Between last night and tonight I took out trash and did 3 loads of laundry. I put away several things in the apartment and even took a load of winter clothes to the SU (storage unit). The trip to the SU was even coupled with a stop at DQ. Our friends the Dales were there too.

Today after work I did a little shopping. I came home with some goodies from Menards. I called Kate from the parking lot and told her I had a surprise that she could have if she came to help haul stuff in from the Element.
She agreed and as I toted the bag full of bags of milk. (Yes, milk in a bag, but that's another story for those of you without Kwik Trip)

Where was I?

Ahh yes! As I toted the bag of bags of milk and my work gear, I handed Kate some rechargeable batteries that we needed and then made it seem as if the next item was the big surprise. I handed her a book of home designs to look at for ideas if we buy and remodel the inside/outside of a house. She was actually fairly excited about this.

To be honest it's as much for me as it is or her.

Then as she was asking if I really had needed her help to haul the new booty in, I pulled from under cover in the back a new cordless hand-vac. Now she was excited.

Really she was excited, even though to me it's kinda like "Here hon'. Now go clean things like a good wife".

So thanks Dad, for my Christmas present. I know the gifts that you gave me that I had to return because I already had them were supposed to be exchanged for things I need. Turns out Kate got a pretty sweet deal out of it. She got MY Christmas present in essence.

Hey Dad, does that mean that next Christmas all of Kates gift budget will be added to my budget? You know, just to even the score a bit?

Only kidding!

Really thanks though for the hand held hoover. I'm sure it will suck!

I crack me up.

-Cheers!

2 comments:

Mama K said...

You make that DQ stop sound like something as honorable as taking loads to the SU! I hope Kate was with you on that one!

Laurie said...

What are the music rehearsals for?