Sunday, May 3, 2009

At last, story time with Brian

The long awaited story the Kate alluded to goes something like this... (insert star wars music here)

This is just filler because the post is not
working just the way I want it to, so I'm just
filling space until I write what I actually mean for
you to read which will follow after I finish rambling.
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Wait! Nope that was another one.

"Once upon a time"... No, still not the right start.

"One time at band camp" Whoah, Whoah!!! THAT is definitely not the start of my story!

Here we go...
About a month ago I was helping a guest at Menards out in the shingle area. He told me in conversation that he was just buying the shingles to fix up his garage to sell his house. I didn't think anything of it. After I finished up loading his purchase I sent him into the store for the rest of his purchases. He was only gone a minute when I realized HEY! he's got a house for sale and we're looking for a house.

I knew where he was headed, so I went inside to find out more. I helped him find and load more merchandise and made more conversation. I found out the house he is selling is outside of our search range. (too far from Saint Peter). I told him that I was also trying to sell a house in Rochester. He then countered with the fact that he is marrying someone from Rochester and that's why he's selling his house here. He was in the process of buying a house in Kasson for his mother so she could be close when he moved to Rochester. I said I have family in Kasson. We made a little more conversation and he asked a few more questions about the house I was selling and I asked a few more questions about the house he is selling.

Just last week he appeared in the lumber yard again and recognizing his face I greeted him with more gusto than I would an "average" guest. He said "Hi Brian". I asked what he was going to pick up and he showed me his pick sheet but said "I know we're not supposed to talk, but..."
It turns out that he is the one (of two bids) on our house whose bid we accepted. So in sharing the Elton Hills address and our realtor, he found the house and bid on it. His Kasson bid fell through. In our conversation it was pretty clear that they intended to go through with the purchase, so on May 23 we should be signing over the house.

The story is not done, don't get out of your seats yet.

He threw out a name of who he was engaged to marry and I was like okay. He continued and said "she says Hi". I didn't get it. He helped me along by naming some of her friends. Then it hit me. This formal name he through out was that of an acquaintance of mine whom I only really KNOW as Jilly V. She and her friends are friends of mine from Rochester at the Berean Church where Kate and I were married. Furthermore, Pete and Jill are getting married at Berean this June, 20. Just 7 days before our anniversary.

This being said, I'm going to ask the realtor to cut us some slack and help us out on our closing costs. After all, I'm the one who sold the house. Well that and God's weird sense of humor.




5 comments:

mr.master said...

Funny! Cool! How wierd. It's always amazing how small the world ends up.

Laurie said...

We've been waiting for the details! :) Bev and Fay had driven down Elton Hills and saw the SOLD sign at your place. When you told the start of this story at Easter I thought something like that would never happen. Not too smart, am I. Congratulations!

Mama K said...

You spin a good yarn! With lots of interesting twists and turns. What are the chances.........?

Anonymous said...

Now that you've sold your house you are probably free to buy a new one. There are a lot for sale in Vancouver. A lot. Just saying...

Firefly said...

I'm going, "Jilly V?! You're kidding!! That's awesome!!" and other predictable exultations. :D