Sunday, May 10, 2009

All Grown Up

This morning at church I was chatting with the four-year-old daughter of a couple from our small group. She was showing me her ring and then asked about my ring. I told her that Brian gave it to me when we got married (thanks, Mindy, for prepping me for that answer!). Then she asked "do you have kids?" I said no. "Why not?'" she asked. "Well, we've only been married for a little while," I replied. She paused for a moment of thought and then said, "so are you still a grownup?"

Ha! I'm not really sure how to answer that one, but I did get a kick out of the question.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wear "slacks" (as my mom calls them) and sometimes even tailored jackets...you are totally grown up. I wear sweats and t-shirts with flip flops at 10am on a Tuesday. I color princess pictures, monitor other peoples boogers, know all the characters names in "Cars" and make silly Mr. Potato Head faces - I don't think I'll ever grow up. :-)

La Rodriga said...

That's okay, Kate. Most kids can't understand how I can be a grown up either because I'm "little," as they put it. It really throws them off when I'm pregnant too!

Mindy said...

I'm a mom, but still not a grown up :)
But, you write textbooks. I think you have to be a grown up to do that!