Monday, May 25, 2009

The end is near!

Two sets of exams and two sets of papers down...one set of papers to go! I'm in the home stretch for school. Tomorrow is the last day of the semester and graduation is on Sunday. This time of year is always a little bittersweet for me. I am, of course, thrilled to be done with school. But it also means saying goodbye to students, some of whom I've known for their entire time here. I have a few that I will especially miss this year.

Today I had a few morning meetings with students. In the afternoon, Brian and I went to Mankato for lunch, shopping, and a movie. We ate at the China Buffet for the first time. I'm a little skeptical of Chinese buffets, but it was actually very good. There were two little girls (probably 6 and 8 years old) working at the front counter. They were pretty cute, especially when the younger one announced that the people before us gave them two dollars and when the older one asked Brian if he just got his hair cut. After lunch we went to the mall and I looked for a new pair of running shoes. They had the exact style I wanted, in my size, and on sale...but they were hot pink. I couldn't bring myself to buy them, but after spending some time on-line tonight searching for them, I may have to give in and go back since they are hard to come by.

Our movie this afternoon was "Night at the Museum II." It was totally silly. I acutally enjoyed it and it was fun to see the views of Washington, D.C. Brian liked the monkey slapping scene.

Brian went for a run tonight and I baked some chocolate-peanut butter cookies from scratch. All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good Memorial day!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

go for the hot pink :)

and we'll be in the area on Friday...think there will be any of those cookies left?!

Mama K said...

I wouldn't let hot pink stand in the way of a deal like that!

Laurie said...

What's wrong with hot pink?!

In spite of the rush of the end of the school year you have to feel more relaxed than last year when you were planning a wedding besides!

Our next movie from Netflix is the first Night at the Museum so I hope we like it too.

Anonymous said...

HOORAY FOR HOT PINK RUNNING SHOES!!!! I want pictures

~A