Thursday, December 29, 2011

Our days

Usually the two weeks between the end of the fall semester and the beginning of J-term are filled with grading and course prep.  This year has been very different.  Without the students around, days are pretty quiet.  I've packed away some of the Christmas gear and we are making transitions between some of the baby gear and clothes.  We put away the swing and bouncy seat and replaced them with an exesaucer and jumperoo.  As soon as she masters them, I'll post photos.  She's basically out of her 3 month clothes and into 6 month stuff, so I've spent time packing and unpacking clothes. 

I'm using my new kitchen tools to try out some new recipes.  Tonight is tomato basil bisque and tomorrow we'll try peach-whiskey BBQ chicken. 

One thing I haven't managed to work in yet is much work on my book.  I have some feedback from an academic friend who read a few chapters and so I need to get back into that project soon.  And, believe it or not, I should also start thinking about my fall classes.  Crazy, but the planning really does start this early. 

We've got a doctor appointment coming up next week, so there will be some new stats to share.  For now, here's a cute photo and a video of her playing with Brian. 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love going back to the "baby" days! (katesma)