Saturday, December 10, 2011

The day of cookies

It's hard to say exactly how many cookies I've baked over the past two days.  I know there were at least six dozen chocolate mint cookies.  There were also peanut butter kiss cookies,
 
sugar cookies, chocolate and vanilla sandwich cookies with raspberry-white chocolate frosting,
 
and -- new to this year's line up -- lemon glazed.

And to wash them down?  Hot apple cider, cocoa, and coffee with mint mocha creamer.  Yum!

We had a good turnout from the students, too.  Many of them stayed through one of the three movies we watched: Elf, The Grinch (Jim Carey version), and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  One student even made it through all three!


Maya did pretty well today, though she was a little crabby this morning and had a hard time napping with all the excitement in the apartment.  After spending all day on my feet, it was nice to lay on the couch with Brian tonight to watch a movie...not a holiday one, though :)

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I'll try a lemon one please.

mr.master said...

Cider? Hot chocolate? Coffee? Where's the milk?!? You said you were eating cookies, right?