For those of you who don't live in the tundra like we do, this is what she looks like when we take the stroller up to the Caf for meals. She's got a little fleece sleeping bag that goes in the carseat and zips up to keep her warm.
Yesterday Alan and Cher came over for the day. They brought a cabinet Brian had been storing in their garage and put it in our garage. They also hung out with Maya while I went to a meeting and to a yoga class. It was my first time being back in an exercise class since about a month before she was born and it was awesome! I work out so much harder when there is peer pressure involved. Maya loved hanging out with her grandma and grandpa...she even took a nap in grandpa's arms. After class, we all went to Mankato and met up with Brian for lunch at Culvers. After lunch, Cher and Alan hung out with Maya a bit longer so I could do some grocery shopping. What a treat! Everything is so much quicker and easier without a baby!
The groceries were preparation for the big event this weekend...my 7th annual Christmas cookie and movie marathon open house! I have done this event each year in Rundstrom, and it really started out as a tradition with a group of friends in my freshman year of college. Basically, I spend the entire day baking cookies and watching Christmas movies. Students come and go all day long eating cookies and watching movies. It is definitely one of my favorite Rundstrom traditions! This year I am starting some of the baking today. I figure it will be a bit more challenging to bake that many cookies in one day with Miss M, so I needed a head start. There are five kinds of cookies on my list this year. I'll try to remember to get photos!

3 comments:
Maya looks great in red! Love the hat!
supacute :)
Do you remember the Miller Christmas movie marathon? For some reason sophomore year stands out most. I'm pretty sure we were in our pj's all day. I still do that, but now it's just called being lazy. I miss that Christmas tradition... :-(
Post a Comment