Monday, January 31, 2011

Big moon on the big island.


I was an "adult" on the trip, so there will be no moon shots of me. Fortunately we had some good full moon viewing weather on the Hilo side of the island.

I almost missed this moon set over Mauna Kea. Kate called me on the phone (from out on her early morning run) and told me "the mountain is out and the moon is big". I rushed to the beach and only got a few shots.


That night I played with the light of the moon and the palm trees near the hostel. If you look closely you can even see stars.


I had a few other moon shots, but this was a better parting shot for this blog entry.

Kate and I will do more updating soon. Where we are doesn't have the fastest internet connection. We are however enjoying the slowed down pace of life right now. AND as a side note...there is a TV with cable in the cabin, but the TV has yet to be turned on. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that last shot...beautiful

~Anya