Sunday, January 30, 2011

Not what you expected. AKA; Vacation from vacation




Kate and I had 2 weeks in paradise and I know you are expecting Hawai'i pictures. Really though, we were "working". So to unwind and relax we are up nort in Minnesota ya. We are at the cabin with family and doing a lot of reading, eating and sitting by the fire.

When in Minnesota, what do you do for a little fun at night? Go to the bar! Not really a normal outing for us, but in this case we had to go see what all the fuss was about. Here's Kate carefully touching the bar made of ice. Also there were some carvings, seating and a small table made of ice. Last night we played some card games in the cabin and also took some pictures around the area.Today mom and I went out with Kate to teach her to cross country ski. It was not too bad at all. She did fine picking up the technique. As you can see, I may have been a bit distracting at times.



One last shot of the new skier blazing a new trail off in to the wild....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks so beautiful, all clean and white with snow. It sounds like a very relaxing time for everyone. I'm so glad my baby is learning the "Minnesota Good Life" from her family. Love, Kate'sma