Monday, January 26, 2009

My day watching TV

That's right. While Kate is out with the class on the last full day of activity, I stayed "home" to watch TV.
I wouldn't waste opportunity to see and do in DC...however
This morning when it was time to get up I struggled to get out of bed. There's a knot that feels like it's behind my right shoulder blade that is connected to my neck and head. I literally could not lift my head off my pillow. I tried to roll over to make an attempt on my other side. No go.
I finally wriggled around until I was on my front side and did sort of a push up out of bed without moving my head.
What a sight!
Anyway, I was thinking that a C collar would be really nice today. I decided there was no way I was going to ride the Metro and sit quite and still in meetings today. I flopped back on the bed face down. Kate was concerned and went to buy medicine and some nice heat therapy patches for my back.
I've been moving about the room occasionally and very rigidly.
I'm not sure weather the back knot and my cold/flu symptoms are related, but I suppose they are. It's just that usually when you get the body aches it's not all concentrated in on small area.
When I really set it off, it hurts through my right elbow and even to my hand. Very interesting, but not really something that I want to deal with for long.
TV is already boring me. Maybe I'll read more Irresistible Revolution by Claiborne.
Hopefully the weather headed this way won't delay our travel too much.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

When is your flight home? The winter storm watch looks to be Tuesday evening into Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Were you able to grab a bunch of caches while you were "home sick"?

Laurie said...

Did that guy eat the whole hot dog? That must be a two-footlong at least!
Brian, I hope you loosen up by tomorrow.

Laurie said...

I see that last comment was meant for the second of today's posts...oops. I just came in here to say it's been fun seeing hits on our blogs from Arlington, Virginia!
Safe trip home tomorrow!