
This is the snow that shut down the city! Brian took this at about noon on our final day in DC. A whole bunch of schools closed because of it. I wish Gustavus was more like Arlington schools sometimes :)
Since it was our last day, Brian thought might be time to take some photos of the room so we could remember our wonderful accommodations. The room is shaped a little strangely. Here's the view looking into the sleeping area...

Now from the sleeping area into the "living room." We got to keep our couch as a couch, but for the students, it was a fold out bed for the third person in the room.

Here is the hallway leading into our room and the "kitchen."

Now that I think about it, it's not a whole lot smaller than our real apartment :)
We had a long day of traveling on Tuesday. Our flight to Atlanta was at 4, and we had a 4 hour layover there before our next flight to Minneapolis. Brian took the extra time to work in some geocaching. I'll have to let him explain it, but this photo had something to do with a virtual cache.

Our flight from Atlanta ended up being delayed by about 45 minutes, so we arrived at about 12:20. Lots of the students had family there to meet them, so it was fun to meet parents and grandparents. Not a single bag was lost! We ended up getting home at about 2:00 in the morning. Then we both got sick. Well, Brian was already sick, but it finally caught up with me. We both spent most of Wednesday sleeping, though I did manage to work in five loads of laundry (that's the nice part about using the dorm washers and dryers). We drove up to the campus center to get our mail and to eat lunch (those of you who have been here will know how miserable we were both feeling to drive that short distance rather than walk). I went to bed before 8. Poor Brian had to get up and go to work this morning. I'm hoping they'll send him home early because he sounded pretty bad. I think we have different things. He's congested and achy, I have a fever, dry cough, and aches. We're both low energy, which sucks because I have a ton of things to do this week and he has to work. We're praying for quick healing :)
5 comments:
You probably had so much adrenaline surging you held off the bugs 'til the end. Aren't you glad of that!
If you had five loads of laundry HOW MUCH LUGGAGE DID YOU TAKE?!!
Glad you're back safe and somewhat sound. Laur and Jill
glad you're home safe! Feel better soon!
Get better soon, my dear friends!
I'm glad you're back but I'm sorry to hear you are both feeling so bad. Get well quick! Eat your chicken soup.
Kate & Brian, Sure hope the both of you are recovering from your trip and feeling better. Thank-you for all the info and pictures of your D.C. experience, I really enjoyed reading it all.
Thanks again for sharing.
Take care of each other.
Phyl P.
Post a Comment