Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm sorry Midwest

Today Kate and I left the apartment at about 3:40am. As if early was not bad enough, the air temperature was around 16 below zero. Factor in the windchill and I heard it was between 35 and 40 below!
I'm happy to report that we arrived safely to our hotel in Crystal City, just a dash south of D.C.
We had a short lay-over in Atlanta and then to D.C. Nothing much on the agenda tonight, just meet with the President for dinner. Yes, that's right. We will be dining with the President. The President of Gustavus that is. Hee Hee. President Jack Ohle is out here in D.C. also and since he knew that a bunch of his students would be here, he offered to meet us for a meal.
Here's where I'm sorry. This afternoon's temps are around 45. That's positive 45. With a 6 MPH wind from the south it probably makes it 40 with a windchill. It sure is a pleasant change.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Bring that warm (is that really warm now?!) air back with you! Glad you made it to your desination safely. We were thinking about you guys.

Laurie said...

I just hope our sub-zeros don't move too far east or you'll be wishing for earmuffs during the ceremony!

Anonymous said...

I hope you two have so much fun!! Take bunches of pictures and make sure you post them. Give President Obama a fist bump for me!

Laurie said...

Watching your weather. I see it's only 10 there this AM with a -2 wind chill. Even that sounds warm compared to our -22! It looks like it might be around freezing for you guys on Tuesday. We'll be looking for you in the crowds! :)