Saturday, February 11, 2012

This is not a test!

We had our first middle-of-the-night fire alarm in Rundstrom last night.  I guess, though, since it was at 12:30 on a Friday night, it was only "middle-of-the-night" to us.  We were all fast asleep when it went off and Brian said that the first thing I said when it went off was, "but I just fed her a few hours ago!"  Ha!  Apparently I wasn't awake yet. 

Anyway, since my husband always has his emergency plan ready to go, we managed to get ourselves and the kid out before 90% of the students were out.  In the case of emergency, Brian decided it's best to take Maya out in her carseat and head for the car.  That way, if we are out there for a long time in cold weather, he can keep her warm.  So that's what he did while I helped the students figure out where they had to go.  He even remembered to bring the diaper bag!

In the end, the "fire" was just smoke from someone overcooking bacon in the kitchen.  We only had to wait outside for about 10 minutes while the safety officers cleared the building.  Maya did great and went back to sleep easily after I fed her.  I'm glad it didn't end up being anything serious and it's good to know that we can get out of the house pretty quickly when we need to.

Today Brian is leaving work early to jump in a lake with a bunch of guys to raise money for the Special Olympics.  I will bring the camera and blog about that later.  For now, here's a photo of Maya's newest obsession...her feet.  She found them a few days ago and takes every opportunity she can to play with them.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

She'll have some good tummy muscles if she keeps pulling her legs up like that.

Anonymous said...

And what cute feet they are! Jill