Monday, July 13, 2009

What does the weatherman know, anyway?

The forecast on Sunday called for a 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Instead, it was an absolutely beautiful afternoon and evening. We joined our church for a picnic at Bray Park on Madison Lake (about 30 minutes from St. Peter). We had a great time talking, eating, boating, and swimming.


Some clowns showed up to put on a skit (any guesses on the story?) and Brian even got picked out of the audience for a bit part (they must have known about his movie star status!).



Everyone else headed home, but we set up camp and enjoyed a beautiful night by the lake. Again, no bugs, no rain, and perfect temperatures...we have sure lucked out with our camping trips this year! We got to try out our new camp stove this morning and then we went for a hike (aka geocaching).


We didn't find the cache, but we did find this cool suspension bridge. Just a warning, though...watching the next two videos may cause motion sickness! Also, because I'm not too smart, you'll have to tilt your head.




2 comments:

Laurie said...

I think Brian may have had a little too much to drink in the first video.

I just rotated our computer monitor but let me tell you that creates havoc with running the mouse!

Amy L said...

You two are always off having so much fun! I sit here at my desk and wish I were camping with you. Miss you both!