Sunday, July 31, 2011

August already?

July absolutely flew by! We haven't done much that is blog worthy the past week or so, but I thought I would post an update anyway. Most of our nights have been spent out at the cabin working on the garage. The floor in the upstairs room is down and Brian has been working on the tails for the roof. Here's a family photo from the job site :)
And here's the view from upstairs...It's kind of a bummer that we have to put a roof on, because there's a great view of the lake from up here!


The garden is still doing well...very weedy, but full of yummy veggies. I worked a bit on it a few nights ago and again tonight. At this point, I'm just trying to clear out some paths to actually find the veggie plants! I stopped weeding some parts and started "mowing" using a hedge clippers. Tonight I found this little gem...a baby eggplant!
We also have a TON of tomatoes that are just about ripe...
And a few flowers Brian planted along the garden fence are finally in bloom.

We also had our first childbirth class this past week. It was a little surreal! We have three more weeks of that and also a few other classes offered by the clinic, like Newborn Care and how to use a car seat. It's hard to believe that we are down to only six weeks! Our August calendar is super busy, so I'm sure this month will fly by as fast as July did!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I love your family picture! And Baby Kate has such a nice smile. ;)