Friday, July 22, 2011

It's hot!

If you're not from Minnesota, you may have heard about our heat wave this week. Temperatures were in the high 90s and the humidity was record-breaking. It combined to make about three days this week where the temperature felt like 110+. Poor Brian had to work outside in it! Here he is after work on Monday...if you look carefully, you can see just a little dry spot on his left shirt sleeve.
Needless to say, with those temps and with B being outside all day, we opted not to spend evenings working on the garage. Yesterday the temperature and humidity finally came down a bit so we headed out to begin putting walls up.

Hopefully the weather cooperates the next few days so we can make more progress. We have a few friends from church who can come out on Sunday afternoon to help put up the trusses, assuming the walls get finished by then.

The heat hasn't bothered me too much, though I am very thankful for having air conditioning at home and in my office! I did make a trip into Mankato this week to go to the doctor and to have lunch with B. Baby K is still looking good. Her heartbeat was 130 and she is measuring right. I'm now scheduled for appointments every other week, which will make the weeks fly by! We also start our first childbirth class on Monday. Kind of crazy!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

It's pretty amazing how much water can pour out of a person's body when it's so hot. I can identify with that t-shirt. I'm surprised he had even that one little dry spot!

Kim H. said...

Lol, Brian is the sweat king!!!! The garage is looking great and you both seem to be doing well. :)