Despite the nasty winter weather, we've managed to make more progress on the house. On Sunday we started work on the trim. Brian got to use his new table saw (the one I got on Black Friday) to work on the trim for the unfinished windows.

I think he likes it!

Here's our frozen lake...

And our new shed....


Meanwhile, I learned how to use the electric sander and how to stain. The smell is a little strong, so Brian has me wearing the mask for safety (of course!)

Last night we went back out and worked some more on finishing the trim. I've got sanding and one more coat of poly to go and then they'll be ready to go.

Brian got to work without incident today even though we got about 4 inches of snow last night. He said the main roads were actually pretty clear. They're having a potluck with the guys from the yard today at Menards so I made the Knutson cinnamon jello salad yesterday for him to take. I should have made a small bowl for myself! I'm going to dink around the house today because I have no desire to check out the roads. I have laundry and cleaning to do and am going to work on one of my spring classes. I also have a special recipe to try out for dinner. It's roast pork loin with pears and shallots. Hopefully it turns out alright!
We're still planning (hoping!) to get to Rochester this weekend, but unless the weather miraculously clears up, we probably won't make it until Saturday. Expecting to be snowed in tomorrow, I rented snowshoes for us from the college so we can take advantage of the weather. So, that's our plan...a quiet and snowy Christmas eve and Christmas day in St. Peter.
Happy Christmas eve, everyone!!
4 comments:
I see that Kate is using the appropriate safety equipment....but.....where is the guard on the table saw!
I think the cinnamon jello salad recipe is actually from the Sutter side of the family. Grandma Jayne's been making it for years.
I wonder if "table" saw is a misnomer? Where's the table?!
Impressive Kate - good work with the power tools. :) Merry Christmas to you and Brian!!
Post a Comment