The Great Christmas Blizzard of 2009 never really materialized, but we did get about three inches on Christmas eve. Brian and I still spent a quiet Christmas eve in St. Peter. My pork loin with pears and shallots was a success (though it took me two hours to prepare!). For dessert we had blondies that I made earlier in the day.

Brian waited patiently for dinner...

We opened gifts on Christmas eve because we wanted to be able to get moving quicker on Christmas day if the weather cleared. It was quite a haul! Brian got us the board game Settlers of Catan, which is one of my favorites!

On Friday morning, the weather was pretty nice, so we took the snowshoes out for a test run. It was my first time in snowshoes. Very fun, but different than I expected.


And, yes, I managed to fall.

We cleaned up and packed up the car and made the drive over to Rochester. It took us a little over two hours and, for the most part, the roads were pretty good. There was a stretch of about 20 miles around Waseca that was bad, but we survived and made it in time for a lasagna lunch with the entire family.
2 comments:
Your Christmas Eve dinner looks dee-LICS-ous!!!
Sometimes falling on snowshoes isn't the bad part. If the snow's deep enough the worst part can be getting back up!
We LOVE Settlers of Cattan! :) Played that a lot this season. Love you and Brian, love the dinner, the snowshoeing, LOVE the salad dressing shaker you sent. :) I'm glad you're having so much fun!
Post a Comment