Monday, December 14, 2009

Finishing up

Kate here. It's the last week of the semester and I have one more class period left...tomorrow morning at 9. Then, three finals and a stack of papers later, I'll be free! It's been a rough semester for me...challenging in a variety of ways. Tough students, tons of grading, challenging topics, sickness, etc. Needless to say, I am very much looking forward to the end! Today I finished up two of my classes and spent most of the afternoon grading papers. Twenty down, too many to count to go! This afternoon we also took some cookies over to our neighbors at the lake. We got to meet the matriarch of the family and had a nice chat with her. It turns out their family has owned the property for almost 100 years. They haven't been particularly welcoming to us, but hopefully we broke the ice a little today with our cookie gift. Okay, enough writing for now...off to watch a new CSI episode.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beware of men in plastic bags......

Kim H. said...

Good luck with those papers. I need to get mine done by tomorrow!! I better get back to work!