Saturday, August 1, 2009

Vacation Report

We're back from vacation up north. It sure was a relaxing week! Some highlights include spending time with the Knutson and Lassig families...
learning to kite board (Brian and Tony)...
teaching Cher, Donnis, Kelly, and Tony how to play Settlers of Catan...
playing Scrabble, Rummikub, and Solitare...
catching up on lots of reading (Brian finished "The Shack" in a day and a half!)...
sitting on the end of the dock...
enjoying the bonfires...
exploring Grand Rapids shops...
geocaching in Schoolcraft State Park (and trying to not get eaten alive by deerflies and mosquitoes)...
enjoying group meals...
morning jogs (Kate)...
Sleeping in...
Healthy lunches...
fishing...

On our way home on Friday, we stopped by Mille Lacks Kathio State Park for a strech break. Here we are trying to keep the bugs off :)
Can't wait for next year!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Too bad you are wearing sweatshirts in so many of these pictures!

Laurie said...

I love that last picture!!! Was there a geocache there?
I'd like to have one of those healthy lunches!

mr.master said...

Fun stuff. I've been crying all week about not being up there...

I like the bug picture!