Thursday, August 20, 2009

On Kate's request

I just posted this in Facebook and Kate said I should make it the blog for today.....so if you have FB, this will be a repeat.

God is in the rain

I've been in the rain for two days straight at work. Not so much fun. Tonight I went for a run and during my cool down it began to rain again. This time however I didn't mind the rain. Maybe it was the endorphins from the run, but I really enjoyed it. It's been a long time since I just stood in the rain, grinning.
I stood there face to the sky thinking about God and life. I started to imagine that God was intentionally touching my face in specific spots. (which he was really, since he knew that this would happen since before I was known) I tried to play connect the dots on my cheeks and forehead, from each raindrop to the next. The rain got a little heavier and it was too hard to focus on the placement of each drop. Some of the drops were big. Most of them just felt nice. Probably how most of us wish for God to touch our lives. There were others however that hit my eyelids. Those were almost painful enough to make me look away, but I didn't. Still thinking of God, I realized I find God the same way. Sometimes what he has in store for me hurts. But I don't look away because He only means the best for us, even if it's not exactly what we want.
The rain shower didn't last long. I couldn't feel God touching my face with His raindrops anymore, but I was still grinning. The rain gave me a physical reminder that God is always with us. Even when we don't feel God around us He is still here. Sometimes we just need something like a raindrop to remind us.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Nice thoughts! You painted a great visual, too!

Mama K said...

What you do and what you say touch my heart.