This winter has been snowy and cold. I have loved winter for the skiing. I don't ski as much anymore, and with Maya, it's hard to play outside when its sub-zero so often.
We have had some big storms come through. I was even snowblowing and had lightning flash overhead!
The cold has been the worst, but the blizzards and wind storms have been pretty bad too. This video is from a few weeks ago....
It is not all bad though. Maya and I have been out playing in the snow several times. Maya learned to slide down the hill by herself, climb around in the snow fort I built, and help decorate a snowman.
Here is a nice day where she helped me shovel snow...
We don't have a lot of pictures. Maybe because Maya never looks at the camera, except when she (seemingly) hits me in the face with a shovel!
I've seen snow removal machines used this year that I've never seen used before. Giant snowblowers like those used in mountain passes have become common this year. There are snowdrifts along my commute that are easily taller than the Element, and likely 8 feet or more.
I had put in a fence at the cabin to keep Maya from wandering into the lake. Last Sunday when I went out to kite ski at the lake, I could almost ski OVER the top of the fence on the snow!
It's been a great snow year. Unfortunately also a very windy year and unusually cold. I think we are nearing the top 5 for coldest recorded winters. We are going to start March in the sub-zero too. Saturday and Sunday are forecast to be 1 and 3F, overnight lows -13. I won't even mention the windchill.
Soon I hope to be out with Maya, breaking in the 'new' tent.

1 comment:
Cute videos! But Gary think Maya should be wearing a hat. It has been a very long winter here also, lots of cold and windy weather. Hopefully soon it will start warming up.
Phyllis & Gary
Post a Comment