Though we are 'trapped' inside most of this cold winter, Maya and I have found things to do.
Lately we used some gourds that grew in our garden to make birdhouses.
The gourds have dried for a whole year and now they are ready to be cleaned out.
When I used a power tool to cut the holes, Maya didn't like the sound.
Thanks to grandpa Tom for sending the perfect gift to protect our ears!
Once I had a hole made for the wrens and chickadees, Maya helped empty the seeds and 'guts'.
Finally time to do some painting!
Sorry, we don't have finished product pictures....yet. We decided to add more paint later.
Though I have been keeping somewhat busy with Maya, the cabin fever is taking it's toll on my wallet. I've been 'accidentally' finding some great deals on shoes, backpacks, sleeping pads, shoes for Kate, etc.
I hope the warm weather comes soon! I want to be able to try out some of the new gear I bought, and maybe more important, I want to be so busy outside that I don't have time to shop!
1 comment:
I keep trying to decide if she's right or left-handed, but she seems pretty ambidextrous to me! Types with the right hand; paints with the left! Her vocabulary is impressive. Such a cutie! (katesma)
Post a Comment