Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Playtime

Playtime is starting to be a lot more fun these days.  Maya can really engage with the toys and she cracks us up sometimes.  She has a few toys that cycle through different songs or sounds when you push a button.  With almost all of them, she's picked out a favorite song and she will cycle through the other songs until she gets to her favorite.  Here's an example with her new tractor toy from Laur and Jill.


I also had some fun stacking "blocks" with her and having her knock them down.  I couldn't keep up with her destruction!


Maya is also really good about playing by herself, which is nice for us.  She can spend a good chunk of time just sitting and playing with a pile of toys on her own.  


4 comments:

Mama K said...

I like the sound effects for destruction.

Mindy said...

Good news for Maya, bad news for you guys: her favorite tune is also on the airplane, dump truck, and school bus. Jon and I were so annoyed when we figured out that they put that on every toy (different lyrics, of course!)

I love the dancing that goes with it!

Laurie said...

I think we'll start saving our empty containers and wrap them up for Christmas presents! :)

Anonymous said...

Maya is a smart girl to figure out she has to keep pushing the button to get the song to come up. Too funny! It is an annoying song to keep hearing. Good thing Maya likes it. Bad for mom and dad. Sorry, Jill