Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Installed...permanently!

Monday was the tenure instillation service at Gustavus. The Board of Trustees voted to grant me tenure in January, but the official ceremony didn't happen until yesterday. The service happens in the chapel and all the faculty dress up in their fancy Harry Potter robes.

Here I am getting my certificate from the Provost, President, and Chair of the Board.

Afterwords, there is a receiving line (kind of like a wedding) so everyone can greet us. Brian took this picture because he thought it was funny how the tallest person in the line (with the yellow) was standing right next to the shortest person in the line (the one shaking my hand).

And here we are...Thia (Religion), me, and Baker (English) six years after we started here.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Congrats, Kate!

That's really funny about the tallest/shortest people. Before I read your caption, I thought they were standing on a staircase, him one step higher than her!

Laurie said...

Way to go, Kate! Proud of you!

Whiskers said...

:-]

Laurie said...

So tell me...are you installed or instilled?

Amy and Jason said...

Oh Congratulations!!! HOORAY FROM THE LACEYS!!!!

Anonymous said...

The best part about reading your blog posts is that in my head I can hear you saying it all in your voice. :-) Like a narrator in a movie.

Anonymous said...

Totally ABFAB, Kate! (katesma)