The road to the cabin is not yet open. The water has gone down, but as you see there are logs and debris on the road yet.With the cooler weather, the bass have mostly stopped biting, but the northern are feeding quite well. I caught 4 in an hour and had several others on or chasing my lure. Fall is also a time for me to try to net cute little painted turtles in the clearer water. I didn't get any cute one's but I did catch a monster snapper.
Me and "snappy". Really, he's not mean. He was scared of me. Who wants to go swimming with me in the lake next summer?
Kate on a fall lake tour.
The east side. Sunny, calm and colorful.
Kate and I finally spent a night in the cabin. Here's what we woke up to. It looks like ice on the lake, but it's steam. It was the first frost of the season and it sure made it a nice morning.
I wasn't about to put on this frozen life jacket though.
Here is steam coming off the water. It kinda looks like a picture of earth....with lily pad UFO's invading.
More steam
Kate's cotton wood pictuer
More lake in the morning.
Your friendly boat captain.
Can you see the carp swimming?

And one last shot of the colors across the bay.
6 comments:
Ok. Now you understand why i'd drive 2 hours just to wake up there! :)
Pictures are fab, btw.
It looks absolutely gorgeous. What fabulous views.
What a beautiful place to have your home.
Love, Katesma
A lot of great stuff in this entry. Way cool stuff out there.
Cool fall pictures Brian! That one definitely looks like planet earth! Jill
You two are so blessed with your little piece of heaven on earth and we are all blessed by your sharing it in pics.
Well, I can tell you it won't be Kelli to come swimming on your lake!
Those are great photos. I especially like the last one. What a terrific season!
Post a Comment