This morning I took this shot of Hwy 22 starting to flood on one side.

I walked out past the puddle to take pictures from the bridge. When I came back by the one lane closed puddle, here's what I found in the other lane that used to be dry.

And then there is the shot of the same area tonight after work. Quite the local attraction.
Then there is the other route. The 99 bridge. Just so you know, the water that is "tickling" the bottom of the bridge is usually 18-20 below the bridge. So that is closed.
Hwy 169 is also closed. Not even the railroad tracks are safe from these high waters.
Even if you could sneak past the road signs and get across the 99 bridge, you'd have to get past this to get to our cabin.
Can you imagine they made a sign directing the flood water where to park? Actually, this is in the 2nd car park at Whiskey River. They won't be open for business for a while. Water has them surrounded.
99 bridge looking down. Usually a 20 foot drop to the water. 
Lots of people came to look.


And the final shot is from tonight. Shortly after this, city officials closed the bridge to foot traffic also. The water is not to crest until Wednesday and the bridge was shuddering some already.
2 comments:
Even seeing these pictures I don't think I can grasp the enormity of it. On a good note, it looks like you have some gorgeous Fall colors in your neck of the woods!
I guess we got outa Dodge just in time!
Post a Comment