Thursday, April 16, 2009

My new favorite internet site

Have you heard of Pandora? It's my new favorite internet site and if you haven't heard of it, you should definitely check it out! It's an online radio station, but it's personalized to the music you like to listen to. All you have to do is type in one or two of your favorite artists and it plays music from them as well as music from other artists who have a similar sound. I keep stumbling across songs that I love but had never heard of before Pandora. It's so much better than the radio (no commercials) or CDs (no variety) and you don't have to load or download a whole bunch of music on to your computer. Anyway, I'm a fan and I just thought I'd pass it along to those of you who haven't discovered it yet (for all I know, I'm probably the last person on the planet who found it!).

http://www.pandora.com/

3 comments:

Laurie said...

This sounds like a post from Brian, not Kate, right? Indeed, you may be towards the tailend of those that know of this because even your mother and I are on it. I have a station with Gary Puckett and The Union Gap as my seed artist and it plays all this wonderful stuff from the late 60's, early 70's. Oh, whoops...that's ten years before your time!

Mama K said...

Yep! I found out about it from one of our nursing assistants who used it to calm down an old confused guy that loved old OLD country music. She'd just set it up on one of the computers on wheels and he was happy as a clam.

Laurie said...

Yes, your mother's "computer on wheels" at work...otherwise, know as a COW...whose name had to be changed because some fat visitor took offense!