It's been a busy week for both of us (and, hence, a bad blogging week). Brian got a raise at work and was offered a promotion. Sometime soon, he'll start a new job as a load builder. He'll still be outside in the yard, but now he'll help put together supplies for big orders that come in. He worked long hours this week and also works this weekend.
I started my spring semester on Monday. I'm teaching two classes, one of which is new to me. I feel totally incompetent when it comes to teaching that new class. On Monday, I just wanted to crawl under my desk and cry. I think it will get better, but it's hard for me because it's the first time I've felt this way about a class. On Monday morning, one of my colleagues who is going through the adoption process asked if I would be willing to fill in for him in two of his classes in the event that they got the call to be adoptive parents. I agreed thinking that it would most likely not happen anytime soon. Three hours later, he came into my office to announce that it was happening! So, now I've also picked up two more classes for a few weeks. They won't be bad because they are both U.S. Government courses that I've taught a thousand times. The only downside is that they are at 8 and 9 in the morning, which cuts into my morning workout routine. That just means a 5:30 alarm instead. yuck. The final thing adding to my stress level is this book chapter I'm supposed to have done by tomorrow. Yep, not going to happen. I do have a big part of it written, but I still have a lot of work to do and there's no way I'm going to be able to finish it this weekend. I'm hoping the editor forgot about the deadline :)
Okay, back to work. Happy Valentine's Day!
ネキシウムの効果時間 胃ポリープとの関係は
7 years ago
3 comments:
Well, we're thrilled for Brian but we feel bad for you, Kate. I bet you'll get the icky class under control in no time though.
We'll eat some extra buffet items for you guys tomorrow!
Hang in there!
Sounds like quite a week, Kate. Hope you start feeling better about your class soon.
Congrats to Brian, though!
We hope we can see you two sometime soon!
Ok, let me just remind you that you are a PHENOMENAL PROFESSOR, and even if you feel incompetent with this class, nobody else will think that. I can guarantee that. :) You are incredible. Good luck with the busy week to both you and Brian!
Post a Comment