Thursday, February 26, 2009

second edition

After a day of work out in the snow and wind I felt it was my duty to go and enjoy the new snow and take advantage of the wind. Kate was an awesome wife and came out to take some footage. After a few stills, you get to see video of successful snowkiting. Yipee!


In the first clip I just zip along and land the kite before going into the adjacent (and plowed, hence very bumpy) field. The second clip I traverse to your right and then back to the left. At the end of the left traverse I bring the kite up high and back to the right. If you watch my skis and posture, you'll see that I get pulled off the ground and go for a small flight. The bummer is that I gained so much down wind momentum that the kite lost ALL it's power, did a flip and crashed in a way that I was not able to re-launch. (not broken, just messed up) In a way it was good that a technical prob. came along or I might not have quit. Once I packed up the kite and headed for the truck, I realized just how tired I was. Fun fun!
Okay I just previewed the video and it comes through really small. You'll have to take my word for it, it's cool!


3 comments:

Knutson said...

You might notice that his "fabulous wife" managed to take all this footage from the warmth of her car. Not all of us appreciate the snow and wind in this family :) Kate

Laurie said...

I did notice that there weren't any other background noises like sniffling noses or chattering teeth. And there was no shivery shake of the camera. I just thought you were doing a really good job of stifling!
It sounds like we have some pretty good wind going on outside here tonight. Maybe you'll have another play day tomorrow.

Mama K said...

Gotta agree with the "awesome wife" label knowing how you, Kate, would rather be snuggled under a down quilt!