This story happened a week and a half ago and I figured that I should write it down before I forget it. On the Thursday night before we left for camp, Maya developed a high fever not long after she got home from day care. We gave her some medicine and she went to bed at her regular time. I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and I decided to go into her room and feel her head to see if the fever had come back. The second I touched her head, she popped up as if she had been wide awake the entire time. "Mama? Running? Biking?" No, Maya, we're not going running or biking. It's the middle of the night." "Oh," she said, and then she paused for a moment. "New diaper?" Yep, we can get you a new diaper. "Milk?" Yes, you can have some milk. So we changed her diaper (in the dark), got some milk, and sat down in the rocker in her room. After a few minutes of drinking milk she stopped and said "pway". What? "Pway." Pray? "Yes." Okay, I said, we can pray. I said a fairly short prayer for health and good sleep for Maya and ended with an amen. "Pway more?" You want to pray more? "Yes." Okay, I opened it up again and started to pray for our time at camp. A little bit in I paused for a minute and Maya jumped in with a few prayer requests of her own. "Dada." Yes, we pray for dada. "Grandma Cher." We pray for grandma Cher. "Grandpa Al." We pray for grandpa Al. "Jill." We pray for Jill (not sure if she was talking about Aunt Jill or Jill from daycare, but she's two so I wasn't going to ask too many questions). "NatalieHarvey." (Her cousins are one word for her). We pray for Natalie and Harvey. Then a pause...is there anyone else you want to pray for right now? "No." Okay, amen. Are you ready to go back to bed now, I asked. "Yes." And I put her back in bed, tucked her in, and she didn't make a peep for the rest of the night. Oh, and by the way, her fever never came back after that single dose of medicine.
ネキシウムの効果時間 胃ポリープとの関係は
7 years ago
2 comments:
Teardrops on my keyboard.
Proof that God comforts everyone. (gramjudy)
Post a Comment