Sunday, June 30, 2013

A visit from Grandma Judy and Uncle Gary

On our last full day in Remer, my mom and her brother, Gary, came over from Park Rapids to visit for a few hours.  It was the rainiest day of the week and so we spent the time inside being entertained by Maya.


We're now back at home in St. Peter.  Maya was a champ for the 5 1/2 hour drive home.  We got the car unpacked, did five loads of laundry, and spent a bit of time at the cabin catching up on weeding.  Brian went back out to the cabin after dinner and mowed the whole yard and rototilled the garden.  I stayed home with Maya and got to experience her throwing up all over herself, me, and the couch.  I think she was just over excited/tired because she hasn't shown any other signs of being sick or not feeling well.  After I got her cleaned up, she went to bed without a fight and slept straight through the night without making a sound.  I spent the next hour cleaning up vomit and doing another load of laundry.  Ahh, the joy of parenting! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such fun, fun fun!! Gary and I both really enjoyed our visit and seeing Maya. (katesma)