I don't know where to start with Broventure2012, so I'll start with the highlight. It's really hard to top some of the crazy adventures we have. This adventure is a real gem.
One of the geocaches we planned to get is located on a over-head cable trolley. We don't know what it's intended use is, but there is a cache there and we were bound and determined to get it. Jon had planned and made it all possible. In addition to just getting to the cache, he made a...well, we'll call it the "Blue Butterfly".
The TARGET
Sizing up the start point
Jon had to retrieve the trolly. Here he's preparing the safety rig.
"Dangle crawling" out to the trolley.
The half way break. You can imagine his arms were a bit tired!

Success! Landing on the trolley.
Riding the trolley, powered by hand over and on the over-head cable. Back to the launch pad to examine the geocache and prepare for the next stage.
Tony rode the trolley, gravity assist this time, to the low point of the cable to "catch" Jon on the "Blue Butterfly"
A view from the deck of the trolley. That pvc container holds the geocache we were after.
Here's the "Blue Butterfly"! A modified child's bike. Oh yes he did!
And the "Blue Butterfly" in demo mode. Getting the picture yet?
Jon rode the "Blue Butterfly" first. Yahoooooo!!!!!!
Videos are a must! Here is Jon getting to the trolley.
Getting back to the launch pad in the trolley.
The inaugural ride video. (AKA Jon the test dummy)
Jon's Trolley ride out to "catch" me.
My ride!
I was the "catcher" for Tony's "Blue Butterfly" ride, so I don't have good video of that, but he has a great video of himself taking the ride. Maybe I'll get to post it later.
For those that like a little slower pace, or feel more artsy, here's a sample of what we got to see. Yes I've tweaked it some and it looks artsy, but it is an actual photo I took on a hike near Ely's peak. I'll post an "artsy photo" blog in the days to come. Until then....enjoy!













1 comment:
2 things I love about this:
1-you do these things with Jon so I don't have to watch him do it.
2-it got one of 13 bikes out of our garage! Nevermind the fact that he replaced it days later...
Post a Comment