Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Two Months!


Maya is two months old today. This has been both the longest and shortest two months of my life! I took her to the doctor today for her two-month checkup. She now weighs 10 pounds and is 22 inches long. This puts her in the 30th percentile for weight and 37th percentile for height. Her head is 15th inches, putting her in the 68th percentile! People keep saying she is so cute and she's already getting a big head about it :)

She also got her first set of vaccinations today. I've heard it can be pretty traumatic both for mom and baby, but I have to say that things went pretty smoothly. She didn't care for the oral vaccine, but she sucked it down without too much trouble. Then came the two shots-one in each leg. She turned bright red and then did a 15 second silent cry before launching into an all-out wail. It only took a few minutes to calm her down, though, and she's been sleeping in her car seat ever since we got home an hour and a half ago.

The doctor says she looks great and very healthy. All in all, it was a good visit!

In other news, we spent the weekend in Rochester celebrating Tony and Tricia's wedding. It was a great weekend and it was fun to spend time with all the family. Unfortunately, I didn't take a single picture the entire weekend. Brian was in the wedding and I had my hands full with Maya. Never fear, though... Laur was there, so there will be plenty of good photos available soon (thank goodness!)! Here is one of Maya with G and g at the gift opening on Sunday.

I know Maya is excited to have a new aunt! Welcome to the Knutson family, Aunt Tricia!

And here is one last adorable picture taken by my friend Amy two weekends ago...

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

She is adorable and I am happy that things are going well and I hope you are feeling better too!!

Mindy said...

I'm glad the shots went well for both of you. And glad she only had 2--our kids had 4 at their 2 month appointments--torture!

Happy 2 months, Maya!