Sunday, November 21, 2010

November update

Sorry for the long stretch between posts! It's been a busy November and, somehow, updating the blog is always the last thing on the list. So here a a few highlights from the past few weeks...

The neighbors across the lake tried to set their yard on fire. Luckily, the Kasota fire department moves quickly and they had this one under control in no time!
The days are much shorter now, but we've still got some beautiful sunsets out there...you just have to be there at 4:30!

Brian and I both had a weekend off (well, my work was portable), so we packed up and headed over to Rochester last weekend. We got to spend some quality time with family and friends. Here are a few fun shots from the weekend...
While we were in Rochester, we missed a huge storm in St. Peter that dumped about 8 inches of snow. We got home on Sunday and headed out to the cabin to dig out. Thank goodness for the snow blower!

Brian is busy getting the day after Thanksgiving sale stuff ready to go at Menards. I've been busy with lots of grading and planning for our trip to Hawaii in January. My tenure stuff is also moving along and I learned I should find out the answer on December 10. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

That looks like Brian's in his element (no pun intended!). You certainly have a beautiful setting for your cabin!

Anonymous said...

Breathtakingly beautiful photos! What a great place you folks have. You'll have many years to enjoy it all. I love the Christmas lights reflecting off the water.
Kate's ma